Monday, October 6, 2008

Update on Powerful words...

Lunch was a HIT! Other than the fact that a teacher made this little black girl sit at the "usual table" because that was the closest table when the little girl go in trouble.. then she harassed Kathrin more than the kids in Avery's actual class! Avery took up for her so don't worry about that! Avery said that this morning when she asked Kathrin if she would like to sit with her at lunch Kathrin was like... Why? Avery goes.. because I want you to! Kathrin smiled and said... OK! Then, later Avery told her that she had brought her a surprise.. that her mama had fixed her a lunch just like hers she was super excited. Avery said that she gobbled it up like a little piggy...(that is a compliment in our house!!!)

Now after another friend of mine (that SHOULD be blogging!) read my blog this morning she is realizes that she is familiar with Kathrin too! She has me checking to see if she could use any help from the J.A.'s. It sure is nice to know that there are other people out there that care too.

So many people told me that they were thinking of Avery's during lunch today... I actually had thoughts of wearing a combat hat with shrubs hooked to the top of it, so I could sneak down behind the bushes and look in the lunch room window with my binoculars... but don't worry.. I held myself back.

Now I can't wait to see what Avery has up her sleeve next!

7 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

what a sweet spirit! your daughter is an inspiration...

melanie, aka Mo said...

This is so much like the kind of kid I like to have hang out with me and with the kids at my clinic. It is a very special attribute to see people as equal! And to have empathy for the less fortunate. I will have to call ya'll for our next social night that we have for my kids at the clinic. If I can do anything special for Avery's little friend, let me know. Melanie

Rosjuane said...

I'm am so proud of you both. Her for standing up for what is right and you for holding back. THANK GOD!!! That might have given the kids at school something to make fun of you about and with good reason. Then Avery would have had to take up for you (if that is she still claimed you), oh you get the picture. We just couldn't have been friends anymore if you had pulled that stunt.

Laken said...

Yay! I am so proud of her and so excited that it was a hit!!!

The Perry Family said...

that is the sweetest story ever!! i wish avery went to school with my lauren...she would be a great friend to have!

Gracie Parker said...

oh, robin. so sweet. so much good.

i just ran into a guy the other day that i went to school with that others were so rotten to. i was never mean, just hands off.

my heart was heavy again when i saw him. how much he endured.

you may never know how much of Christ Kathrin will see in Avery. He is revealing Himself to her through your sweet willing daughter. So good.

Mom of these kids said...

I have so many thoughts running through my head...memories of kids that were made fun of in school, and they year I live in Warren in the 5th/6th grade, and the kids were HORRIBLE to me. I had 2 friends total the whole time I lived there, and I was miserable. My heart goes out to that little girl.

Avery truly is an angel, I love her!