Saturday, March 22, 2008

Boiling the Easter eggs....

Ok, so I have to admit now that I OVER boiled a few of the eggs.... I cooked 2 dozen. 1 dozen per kid. 8 BUSTED! Lee bought JUMBO for some reason and that is what I blame my screw up on (not that I was on the phone! LOL) But I decided NOT to chunk them, but instead make deviled eggs.. with fat free mayo of course! As I was slicing the eggs.. Look what I found... TWINS! I could not believe it! This has only happened to me one other time in my short 35 years here on this Earth.. the other time I was baking a cake and found twins that time too! That was only about a year ago too! Have YOU ever come across this? I think it is so neat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melanie.. it is a SIGN........ you ARE suppose to have have 2 kids! (except don't slice them in half like I did!)

I let the girls eat some of the whites tonight after I discovered that the mustard that I started the yoke mixture out in had glass on the lid from where Avery had a run in with a brand new pickle jar a couple of days ago... yes, when a BRAND NEW bottle of hamburger slices hit tile from about half way up the frig they DO in fact break! (And WHY is that jar NOT PLASTIC!!?!?)Anyways.... the mustard squirty thingy on the jar must have hit the glass and I got all panicky when I got some in my finger from closing the mustard, so I threw all that out... ANYWAY what I am getting at MELANIE is that I counted the eggs after the girls got their fill of them....and it was not the right number! Then I got to thinking so I went BACK to the frig and dug them back out and counted the YOKE holes in the eggs..... 11!!!!! So, there you go!

3 comments:

Mom of these kids said...

That's cool! No, I don't think I have ever seen that before!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Ok, that does it... two kids it is! I have been looking for the perfect sign and this may be it... but I have also contacted the young mother, and plan to take her for her ultrasound this week. I have warned her that we are NOT prepared for twins. So let's hope this is NOT what this sign is pointing to! I told her if we find out it is twins, that I will have to start drinking... NOW! Thanks for thinking of me. Glad to be back home! Melanie

Gigi said...

OK, start with cool water - just enough to cover the eggs. Bring to a good rolling boil. Cover the pot, turn off the heat and let them sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Perfect!!