Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lady Fingers

This is a cookie that my daddy often talks about his mother making... I am going to try to surprise him this weekend by making him some of these.... Ever had them before?

Lady Fingers

( Very simple and delicious)

4 Tbls. sugar
1 tps. vanilla
1 1/2 cups margarine or butter
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
powdered sugar

Blend the ingredients well and add the nuts. Shape into small rolls about the size of largest finger and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 45 minutes in 300 degree F. oven. When slightly cool, roll in powdered sugar.

Note: these taste like wedding cookies.

4 comments:

Rosjuane said...

Umm are you bring me any?? Just kidding I don't need anything that is made from sugar, flour, and then covered in sugar!! I will look like a giant lady with giant lady fingers!!

Jenny Sipes said...

NO I HAVE TO HAVE MY WISDOM TEETH CUT OUT ON TUESDAY!! I AM SO READY TO GET IT OVER WITH...I HAVE BEEN IN PAIN NOW FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS OR LONGER SO I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT GETTING THIS DONE!! THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN!!

Jaime said...

I love these cookies....YUMMMMM!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your sweet words! i'm sorry i haven't stopped by in awhile.

lookin' forward to trying this recipe!